Good morning, friends! My alarm was set for 7 a.m. this morning. Guess who was wide awake at 5:45 a.m? This girl. Lots of stuff was going through my mind, and before I knew it, I was up at ‘attem browsing Pinterest for Back to School ideas.
It’s still summertime! I shouldn’t be thinking about going back to work just yet, right?! Well, I am. I can’t help it.
Back to School isn’t just scary for students… it’s scary for teachers, too! Thinking about a whole classroom filled with new smiling (or frowning) faces, ready to start the year? Butterflies in my stomach!!!
I always find amazing ideas that I want to incorporate into my classroom, so I thought I’d share them here (if you’re not a teacher, I apologize for boring you :) ) so it’s a little bit more possible that I don’t forget about them, which I often end up doing.
- On the first day, have students draw a self portrait of themselves on a small piece of paper. Attach to one piece of paper, copy & use as a template for the year!
- A simple reminder to students!
- A cute visual reminder for Adjectives.
- Teaching the “Personal Narrative” writing unit.
- Such a cute bulletin board! Now, someone wanna come set it up for me??
- My OCD is a huge fan of this little reminder on how to use glue.
- Back to school goody bag!
- Yes, yes, yes. Love everything about this!
- A little reminder never hurts!
Now that I’ve shared my latest Pinterest finds, I am off to grab some breakfast before a very busy, and very fun day! I’ll fill you in on Monday! Enjoy your weekend!
Are you as obsessed with Pinterest as I am? What ideas have you gotten from this genius website?!
What fun weekend plans do you have?!