1. I woke up yesterday morning with an email from Healthy Living Blogs in my inbox. Guess whos post was featured on Blog Tip Thursday? Yours truly! I knew that it was going to be posted, but it still made my heart soar to see it. I have to tell you, I got some really great feedback on the post (on being a “newbie” in the blogging community), and I can’t thank you enough. It makes me so happy hear positive comments about something that I felt so vulnerable writing about!
2. I have some new readers! Nothing is more exciting than getting the email from dear old WordPress telling me that I have new followers. I’m glad you guys are here!
3. I started yesterday morning with a killer Bodypump class, and I am SORE. Sure, I complain about my sore muscles to anyone who will listen… but I secretly love it. I upped my weights in class and really forced myself to give 120%. My muscles are
hating thanking me today for it. It was a struggle getting to my 6 am spin class this morning, but it actually really helped loosen me up!
4. After spin today, I wanted coffee… and I wanted it bad. I haven’t stopped at my beloved Dunkin Donuts in quite some time, but today, I gave in to my craving… and it is glorious.
5. My classroom is clean. Not just “Oh, I used Lysol wipes on the desks and tabletops” clean, but more like “I purged all the clutter that’s been sitting in the room since the 1920′s” clean. I filled up at least 3 huge trash bags of junk. It felt amazing. I’m SO ready for next year now. I feel renewed just looking around my classroom!
6. In the very beginning of the year, I had my students write an essay about their favorite place to eat dinner. Yesterday, I had them write the same essay. Welp, I almost shed some tears. Teaching has it’s high’s and low’s…. and comparing the writing yesterday…. a HUGE high. Seeing their progress put me on Cloud 9. It made all the frustration that I’ve gone through this year worth it….
7. Summertime is so close. I.can.smell.it. 3 more work days until suntan lotion, flip flops, sundresses, not setting my 5:30 a.m. alarm, no more packing my lunch, and a whole lot of deep breaths and relaxation. It was a long year, and it caused me many headaches, but it was worth it when I see that my 3rd graders are ready for 4th. It was all worth it.
8. I have the new US Weekly to read during my lunch today. If anyone wants to chat about celebrity gossip, I’m your girl.
9. Oh, and in case you forgot…. it’s Friday.
Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!
Why are YOU happy today?
When was the last time you felt that post-workout soreness that hurts SO good?!