Happy Saturday, friends! I’m currently sitting around in my pj’s, letting my breakfast digest and trying to wait out this rain. I have a ten-mile run planned for today, but this weather is really throwing a wrench in my plans.
Last night Bobby’s whole family came in to Hoboken to take us out for his birthday dinner. We haven’t seen them in a while so it was such a fun get-together. We went to a Hibachi restaurant and sat around the table eating delicious food and drinking plenty of red wine. We then went to a bar up the street for a few more cocktails before calling it a night and heading home. We were exhausted from the week, and we had to make it home for the megamillions drawing!!!
Did anyone else truly believe that they were going to win?
I certainly did.
I had plans…. big plans. The thing that I was most excited for (and I’ll admit… I daydreamed about it all day yesterday), was calling my mom and telling her that she would never have to work again. My mom is the most wonderful, hard-working person in the world. She raised us as a single mom (my father was in and out of the picture), and worked her butt off to provide for me and my brothers. She’s had some tough times, and I would love nothing more than to be able to give her what she deserves.
Unfortunately, that’s not the case this morning….
Yes, we are crazy. We bought a lot.
Anyway…. after checking our numbers a few times and realizing that my dream would not be coming true at that time, we called it an early night! Hopefully I’ll be able to get out there for my run sooner rather than later… I have some fun and interesting plans on the agenda for tonight. They involve a bachelorette party and a drag show. Hm. Like I said… should be interesting!
The Liebster Award
A few days ago, the lovely Whit from Whit Likes Fit, gave me a Liebster Award! I wasn’t quite sure what it was at first, but I was flattered! After learning more about it, I was even more flattered! Whit described it as a sort of “chain letter” for blogs.
The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don’t know about you.
Like Whit said, I’m not exactly sure how to tell if a blog has fewer than 200 followers, but I’m all for sharing new (to me, at least) blogs with others! Please don’t be offended if I chose you and you have more followers than that, I just wanted to share your blogs because I love them!
That being said, here are my 5 blogs that I’d like to pass this on to.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
And here ya have it… 5 random facts about me….
1. Bill Murray was my first crush. I was crazy about Ghostbusters. My brothers and I spent all of our free time playing Ghostbusters with the vacuum cleaner.
2. I have a notebook that I carry everywhere with me that is filled with ideas for the book that I want to write. I have it all planned out, one day I will be a published writer!
3. I love the smell of Romo (my cat). I can’t get enough of the way his head smells. So strange, yes. He’s got a sweet, powdery-like smell that I die for.
4. I can’t deal with clutter, but behind closet doors or in drawers, I’m a complete mess. I honestly can’t think straight if there is clutter around me, but once I shove everything in a closet and close the door, I feel much better!
5. I really, really love red wine.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
What would you be most excited for if you won the lottery?
Did you have any weird first crushes?
Any motivation/tips for running in the rain? Ughhhh. Want.to.stay.in.pj’s.